Tuesday, April 19, 2011

[Days Like This]

When no one steps on my dreams there'll be days like this
When people understand what I mean there'll be days like this
When you ring out the changes of how everything is
Well my mama told me there'll be days like this

(days like this, van morrison)


I really love Van Morrison. And I love this song, even when it doesn't necessarily apply -- when days are good and I'm grateful for many many things. (Though as Davis said, it helps to listen to this song on the other sort of days, too.) Lately, for a beautiful weekend...the hilarity of Golden Goose and finally seeing an event that has taken months of effort unfold. Cheering on my dad at the Boston Marathon and having my parents here, even amidst the chaos that was Boston this weekend (I heard today that 500,000 came to watch and run!). Grateful for meals shared with them and with good friends, for playing games late at night and studying at JaHo coffee shop. 


Our Spring is here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment